Skip to Main Content

Seeking Permission to use Copyright Materials

For use of copyright materials that is outside the limits set out in the statutory education licence you will need to seek permission to use it for teaching purposes, e.g. to put it on BlackBoard/Canvas or include in eReserve. You are likely to need permission to use any music or audio-visual materials that are not TUA-created, as well as any text and images such as PowerPoint slides that you may have sourced from textbook instructor companion sites, where you have to agree to terms and conditions to register for access.

The University Copyright Officer is able to assist with seeking permissions, and is also responsible for maintaining a register of any permissions received. If you have received permission from a copyright owner (e.g. publisher) please forward this to noting the scope of the permission (what subject, any time periods or limitations, etc.).